Friday, March 13, 2009

School of Fish

You know those weird things about life that make you say, "No way!"? I love those things. They are shiny and open up my mind in an unexpected way. One of those things within TapWater is our our 3-day Birthday Run. Yep, of the six band members, three of them have their birthdays right in a row. Ravi is today, March 13, Timmy is tomorrow, March 14, and Steve is Sunday, March 15th! This is totally weird and bizarre to me, and I love it! I don't know exactly what it means but it's gotta have some significance. One thing of course is that they are all pisces, a school of fish swimming through life. I don't know much, or really anything, about astrology but I hear pisces are associated with music and art, and so they add a richness to life that is beyond day-to-day living. I will definitely say this is true about all three of my business partners.

I adore Ravi. He is the kindest, most compassionate person you could ever hope to meet in your life. He always walks on the bright side, and if you ever need to be reminded about what is good in life, call him. Within several minutes his light will rub off on you and you will remember who you really are.

I also love Timmy. Tim can walk into a room and smile and the whole room lights up. He has one of the most beautiful smiles I have ever seen. Even more, he has these really bright eyes and he will crack you up until your stomach hurts. He imitates people, does voices, tells stories, and he never fails to expose exactly what is so hilarious about real people and real life. So, if you are taking someone or something too seriously, call Timmy. After laughing with him, you will remember who you really are.

I love Steve, too. Steve is the silliest, sharpest, most quick witted person I know. Steve is a master at greeting life and instinctually twisting it into brightly colored energy. He will think of things that no one else in the entire world thinks of, like seeing how many bananas he can put on a sleeping Ravi before he wakes up. Or riding his banjo case like a make pretend donkey. If you ever forget the power you have in creating happiness, spend some time with Steve, and you'll remember who you really are.

Happy birthday guys! You are all so awesome, and I am very lucky I get to spend my days swimming amongst the school of fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment