Monday, March 16, 2009

Birthday Madness!

I'm feeling tired today. In fact, I had to take a 3-hour nap to recover from Birthday weekend. Aye caramba. I must be getting old! We had three days of merriment and I was grinnin' the whole darn time. On Friday, we had pasta and wine for Ravi's birthday, burgers and taters and Jameson for Timmy on Saturday, and coffee and scramble brunch for Steve on Sunday afternoon. And -- this will crack you up -- since we're on a budget (translation: broke), we went to a local tap room called the EastBurn every single night because you and your 9 friends can drink for free for an hour. Oh yes, baby. We all piled in our 1988 Suburban we call Bud and headed over to the Burn where we attempted to put them out of business.

The short version is that the boys were in top form on Friday night. Even I had too much to drink so we had to walk home (I figured I was technically off the clock so a few glasses of wine were in order!). Saturday everyone slowed way down, except for Timmy, who ended up passed out in the third row of the Suburban next to the pile of hamburger helper that he created. Yummy! Ravi took a fantastic photo but I'll spare you. Sunday rolled around and well, Timmy decided he just couldn't hang while Ravi and Wes had a contest to down one beer every 10 minutes during their hour of free for all. The results? Ravi managed to get 6 beers down (with Wes hot on his tail with 5) but he ended up tossing his cookies, and along with it, his buzz. Good times!

The whole weekend was awesome. It's rare that I get to just be with the guys celebrating and enjoying each other's company. We live communally but nevertheless we all have busy schedules and don't spend as much time as we should sharing a meal and laughing together. I really enjoyed it. Happy Birthday guys! Stayed tuned for Wes' birthday on March 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment