Monday, April 6, 2009

Feeling the Weight

Sometimes I am a dope. I don't know why this happens, but it does. It's annoying and frustrating and it kinda alienates me from myself. Let me give you an example. I couple weeks ago I sent out a request to our fans asking for someone review our EP World Twang. Nathan in Eugene agreed to do it for us. He lives in Eugene but actually was a fan of ours in San Diego. Super! I was excited! So, I packaged up the EP, addressed it, and wrote 'post office' on my list of things to do.

This was two weeks ago. Do you think I have gone to the post office yet? No, I haven't. I could say its because I'm busy, or because the post office is a little bit of drive, or because my dog ate my homework. But when I look inside myself, I am sad to say I honestly don't know why I haven't gone. I think I am a little depressed and tired underneath the workload. On top of it, now we look unprofessional (aka, flaky!) and Nathan may feel disrespected, which really does bum me out because each and every fan is important to us. Ack! Estupido.

Lately I have been saying to myself so often, "I can't wait until I can actually manage the project and stop doing everything all the time!" I daydream about what it will be like to have a staff: a booking agent, a tour manager, a PR rep, a marketing person, an office assistant .... oh, the glee! I know this does not excuse my behavior. I guess I'm in a little slump.

So, Nathan, I apologize. I am going to have one of the guys take the package to the post office tomorrow.

And the rest of you, if you would be so kind, please say a little prayer for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment